Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Supersize

I've been wanting to invite my aunt over to my place in Klang and finally asked her a couple of weeks ago. She selected Deepavali as she was then free to come over.

So I was thinking, what on earth do I cook for just one person? All that effort, I might as well invite some other relatives.

Unwittingly, I sent an sms to my cousin in KL inviting them to come over. I ASSUMED that since it was so far, only one car would make it, bringing the total number of guests to 6. Yeah right.

Today, she calls me and excitedly informs me that ALL of them are coming, from my grandma to my aunt who is back from UK, all my cousins (which is like 6 of them excluding partners - add 3 to that number) and bringing the 3rd generation of 2 kids as well.

BRAVO for that SMART move, girl. Never have I hosted a dozen people for lunch and mind you, I DON'T COOK. At first I was thinking of simple pasta but now with grandma coming, she ain't gonna switch her 80 year diet of Chinese food for pasta.

I am so screwed. Now, the superpower I'd like to have right now is to wave my hand over uncooked food and have them cooked to perfection.

2 comments:

MlleMonster said...

Buy a ready roasted duck and half the work is done. No grandma has resisted the powers of traditional duck.

MlleMonster said...

Oh, another idea..steamboat party! You just get the raw food, and get everyone to cook their own. All you need to do is make the stock.