Friday, November 02, 2012

5 Loaves & 2 Fish

Just thought of jotting this down while it's still speaking to me. This post, of course, is in reference to when Jesus fed the 5,000. Had I been the one with five loaves and two fish, I would have kept quiet. How can my small quantity feed the thousands?

I don't think it's appropriate for me to share just yet about the project I've been urged to volunteer for. The pastor urging me quoted the loaves and fish and I thought of my reaction above.

Less than an hour later, Sidney Mohede, my church's guest speaker last weekend gave his sermon at church, his message hit me squarely:

Thank God for everything He has given - even before the miracle happens!

Sidney ALSO mentioned about the two fish and five loaves, how Jesus thanked God before breaking the bread and fish into pieces to be shared around. Interesting. Always had the habit of "God, show me the miracle first, only then I thank you".

Here, I must say I've noticed I've been complaining quite a fair bit when there's always the other side of the coin to be thankful for. Trying to change my tweets and what I say to others now. Slowly but surely!

Ah. So I'm just gonna do it. Small fish or not, it's still fish. Gulp!

No comments: