Friday, February 13, 2015

Marked Mine

For about 10 years now, I've developed the habit of marking my office stationery with my name, in hope that they will not go missing. It does help, I think, since I don't lose that many pens and folders anymore.

However, when I leave the organisation, I don't remove my labels and leave the item for the next person to use.

And being in the banking line, where you colleagues will rotate from one bank to another, I've had ex-colleagues showing me my old stationery as they come across it.

The first was a clear folder (they're hot commodity and hardly get returned after it's circulated for contents to be approved). I use the back of my old name cards and write "For Approvals" and stick them on the folder so people know it belongs to me. It was discovered 2 years after I resigned from that bank and it's still circulating with my name card stuck to it!

The second incident was my old box of name cards, discovered still sitting in my old drawer, almost 4 years after I left! Ok, so this isn't marking my stationery but it was funny when my ex-colleague politely asked me permission to use my old drawer.

And recently, my pen was discovered in my old office building, being used by another department. I've left that building a year ago and it just recently surfaced.

Can't wait to see what else will pop up!

1 comment:

Grace Ng said...

You're so cute!