Saturday, November 17, 2007

Doughnuts!

Yes, I finally had my first bite of THE current best doughnut in Malaysia. Had a meeting at Pavilion and convinced my boss and colleague to queue for half an hour just to get a dozen J.Co doughnuts.

Unfortunately, my stomach was acting silly and I only managed to take a puny quarter of the peanut butter one and a mouthful of the glazed doughnut. After that, I felt so jelak and was almost gagging with the thought of the next bite.

No, the doughnuts were fine just that I was still recovering from my alcohol the night before combined with the starchy gnocchi swimming in cream that I had for lunch just before the doughnuts. In fact, they were more than fine. The dough was different. Softer. Without the doughnutty taste, you know? Or maybe it was because it was eaten really fresh. Whatever it was, I think I will attempt a second 30 minute queue for them.

Now I'm really curious how Krispy Kreme tastes like.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ha! Krispy Kreme is a little bit overrated I reckon - can you believe it, when I was in London earlier this year, Aunty May Lin dragged me to Harrod's just to eat Krispy Kreme! I wanted to eat the other stuff they had there like the dried meats of various kinds - babi of all sorts, pheasant, quail etc etc. but she hurried me along to the Krispy Kreme section! Hmmm, in some ways she's still so Malaysian! It was very nice actually and I liked the one with cinnamon and apple and the blueberry one. Its horrendously expensive and there was a queue about a mile long at this particular KK stand.
Did you say you had gnocchi in Malaysia? Was it good?

jo said...

the gnocchi bombed. big time. it was lumps of starch swimming in a plate of creamy cheese. i could only eat half of it.

nevertheless, i'll still look forward to krispy kreme for the heck of it.