Friday, April 22, 2011

Thunderstorm Destruction!

I don't know if this is true but I feel as though thunderstorms in PJ are really more severe than most parts of Malaysia. The last couple of days, we've seen terrifying thunderstorms in the evening. And it has brought much damage to my home.

Firstly, after the first time my modem was fried from a thunderstorm months ago, I purchased a surge protector to avoid another instance. The guy at the shop said, "This one guarantee wan... sure can tahan the lighting wan..." so I believed him. Every time there was a thunderstorm, I would smirk and feel that my modem is well protected. Alas, I was wrong. Not only my modem was fried, my house phone was also fried! Thank goodness my modem card on my computer was ok, unlike the last time.

Secondly, since Telekom changed my modem, my Airport Express wouldn't work and I had to re-connect it! After my initial drama of trying to fix it up in almost a month, I must say I'm glad I blogged about it so I just followed the steps again and *fingers crossed* my Airport Express is connected again! Yay!

Thirdly, my guaranteed lifetime warranty surge protector is kaput. So I'll need to go to the shop and lay my claim on it. Thing is, only the surge protector is guaranteed. If my entire computer had fried, I doubt if I would get any warranty for that!

Lastly, the extended part of my kitchen ceiling became flooded. There's a massive leak somewhere which drips into the guest room downstairs. We saw a puddle months ago and wondered where it came from. Today, not only did it leak but it also destroyed the paint and left water streaks all over my new kitchen ceiling. :( My contractor is coming tomorrow.

No comments: