Thursday, March 29, 2012

Wedding in Langkawi

The weekend after watching Wicked in Singapore, KS and I flew up to Langkawi to attend my high school friend's wedding. It was a great, fun and relaxing trip for me as it always is with good friends and I only wished we all could have stayed a little longer to catch up.

A few of us stayed in Citin Hotel, which is a serviceable hotel in Kuah as the wedding was held in Westin,  just a short drive away. Not much changes to note about Langkawi except I realised we were conned into paying a lot more for car rental from the airport. It's definitely much cheaper (almost half the price) if you rent from outside the airport and particularly useful if you have a contact. I managed to get a name card from someone in Kuah so I'll be trying him out next time.

Anyway, back to the wedding, Shie Lee and Jin held a cosy and intimate wedding ceremony by the beach (my first beach wedding!) with thoughtful details such as providing woven fans in case the guests felt hot. I loved their choice of personalized favours (tea from TWG and M&Ms for the kids), the unique array of food, the photo booklet of all their past photos, their tree of fingerprints (which was a very much better execution that what KS and I had!) and their choice of their walk out song by U2 Beautiful Day (just like KS and I too! :P).
The anxious groom
The bride arrives
After the ceremony
 
The fingerprinted tree

Dinner ended fairly early since it was a buffet, leaving us a chance to gather at their villa to continue chatting with close friends. It was really great to catch up with Tsiang, Fuen and Josie (missing Khor Ling who's in Sydney) and look forward to more.

We also discovered the most fantastic nasi briyani in Kuah. My mouth is still salivating from the mere thought of it. It's at Langkawi Fair beside McDonalds called Fair Cafe.
Us after a fantastic meal before we went home.

Congrats again, Shie Lee and Jin!

No comments: