Thursday, February 15, 2007

Romance

Yesterday everyone was asking, "Got dinner plans tonight?" with that twinkle in their eye. I get so frustrated because I don't believe in Valentine's Day at all! It's just a marketing gimmick to get people to buy expensive flowers and expensive dinners.

My colleagues were wishing each other Happy Valentine's Day, another got a rose from her boyfriend who came all the way to deliver it to her at work. That was really sweet though. So much so I myself got caught up a little in it and bought a single stalk for KS. Now he doesn't know what to do with it! Muahahaha... now I've put him in my position should he ever get me flowers.

Not to say I hate flowers, I do like them. Attached to the stem, to the roots, to the pot or ground in someone else's house. Or arranged in a vase on our dining table. I can accept that as you don't have to pay someone to put it in a fancy bouquet. Terrible, aren't I? Monster, stop cringing.

1 comment:

Karen said...

We don't celebrate Valentine's either... but I do love flowers for no reason at all. They are the best times to get them!