Friday, August 25, 2006

Leadership

I've just been put in charge of a launch which is going to happen on next Monday (yes, that's one week away). Unfortunately, since this was never my project in the first place, I fought this with bad grace with my boss. Complained that I was only told in with such a short lead time, that I never followed the progress of this project since my colleage was handling this right from the start and he's almost out of the picture for the launch of his product.

So anyway, I have been doing this grudgingly for the last couple of days, with new things being added to the launch on a daily basis.

But after speaking to KS about this, perhaps it's about time I move out of my comfort zone. And just perhaps, my boss is trying to hone my leadership skills. And I've come to realise that another colleague is perhaps encroaching into my leadership "space". Heck, I would rather have this colleague lead it and assist her but as mentioned, when will I ever step out from this "assistant" role I'm so comfortable with?

With renewed vigour, I'm suddenly inspired to work on this project and prove myself. Yes, this is a Friday night and I'm inspired to work. Either I do it now while the "chicken shit is hot", or wait for it to blow over and lose the spark.

No comments: