Sunday, August 27, 2006

The R Mysteries

Was at one of the shopping malls in PJ last night and wanted to buy an Enid Blyton book for a friend. I was looking for the first book of the Five Find-Outers and Dog (second to the Famous Five) "Mystery of the Burnt Cottage". Do you know how difficult it is to find Enid Blyton books these days? She should have an entire section by herself and yet, in two (mega) bookshops that I walked into, there was hardly half a shelf dedicated to her books.

This of course means that not all her books are offered and I only managed to find one book out of that series by accident. But I stumbled upon another series, the R Mysteries. The Rub-a-Dub-Dub Mystery, The Rilloby Fair Mystery, The Ring 'O Bells Mystery... Now, the names are darn familiar but when I read the excerpt of the books, I can't for the life of me remember the stories! Four kids, a dog named Loony and a monkey. I don't remember if we have or if I've read these books but yet the titles are SO familiar.

Yes, I slept over this and am awake first thing still puzzling over this. Sigh, okay, hopefully the Rach 3rd afterwards will help me focus on something else.

1 comment:

Grace said...

Yes we used to have these books. Just ask mum if she still has them.