Friday, September 28, 2007

Great Time!

We're now back in Perth, after a whirlwind of Sydney for 3 days, 4 nights, Melbourne for 3 days, 2 nights. Managed to do all the things we intended to do plus more. Managed to take a respectable amount of photos (in my standards) and felt like a full fledged tourist with my camera around my neck. I don't know how the pictures actually look like on the computer screen yet. Thanks to Wendy's timely advice, I used the P setting on my camera for most shots instead of auto.

Sydney: We walked the entire city on the first day we arrived. From the Opera House to Darling Harbour to Paddy's Market. And it was a really cold day too. Next day went for a day tour to Blue Mountains, stopped by a Wildlife park, went to see the Olympic stadium and took a ferry under the Harbour Bridge into the Quey (alamak, I can't remember what the name of the Quey is!).

Met up with KS' relatives, it was good to spend time with his aunt as I've only met her once before briefly. She's lovely. Also caught up a little with Andrew, the eldest son.

Melbourne: Ron took us to the Tulip Festival (where we discovered there are SO MANY types of tulips) and then to the Yering Estate vineyard. Very gorgeous place.

Next day we went to Soveriegn Hill, Ballarat. I couldn't quite remember it from the last time I went over 10 years ago. But it was great this time as we didn't have to rush and meet the tour guide's short timings. Attended some shows like Musket Shootings, Making Carriage Wheels and Gold Purifying. Again, it was a freezing day.

Then yesterday we went to the city and walked all over the place. KS finally got his Melbourne city photo taken at the Yarra river.

And all throughout our stay, Ron prepared fantastic meals, which he made look simple to prepare. I shall henceforth be inspired to try out at least once the carbonarra and baking of pumpkin & potatoes with some meat. Of course, what took him less than half an hour could very well take me over an hour.

So, today, we're going to shop in Perth and our first stop would be at this interesting place that sells soap www.lush.com. Chilli mussels on Sunday!

No comments: