Saturday, February 07, 2009

Tekanan

Today is one of those weekend mornings when I awake with a palpitation due to stress from work. Doesn’t happen often but it’s become more frequent with this new job.

I read about Obama admitting he made a mistake in selecting the Health guy who is having tax problems. It is radical for a president to admit his mistake as I have never heard any of our Malaysian politicians doing so. It makes him human, as he is going through the process of running the government.

Similarly, I wish I could do the same at work. Email blast out saying, “Okay, we’re going to do this project and since this is our first time doing it, we would appreciate any help and every cooperation as we bump along the processes. Forgive us as we will be bound to make mistakes. Guide us, for we are ever willing to listen and change.”

Sigh. If only. Unfortunately, this ain’t the culture and will jeopardize my reputation.

The good side of it is that I no longer am constipated; I always have the “shit in my pants” syndrome these days.

No comments: