Saturday, February 19, 2005

Hen's nite

My cell group threw me a hen's nite last night. Amongst good advice dispensed:
1. Enjoy your last 7 days of singlehood!
2. Remember, you are bone of his bones, flesh of his flesh...
3. Find contentment in everything.
4. Faith, hope and love. And the greatest amongst them is love.
5. That there will be laughter in the household - there's always 2 reactions when something happens, you either get angry or laugh about it. Choose laughter.
6. That we may experience all flavours of life, even the bitter parts to appreciate the sweet ones.

And the gifts I received were a necklace, body scrub (I'm going to enjoy pampering myself with this one!), bedroom slippers (so I will never need to know how badly the floor needs mopping!), a notepad holder, a decorative key hanger and a bottle of lubricant. I started reading out the instructions on that one and was stopped as there were kids about. Of course, the directions of use were very general, no explicit stuff much to my dismay. We still had a good laugh though.

The guys? Well, they went for an exciting match of futsal. Apparently they all nearly collapsed after 10 mins into the game. I think I better organise more exercise for the cell group next time. The first to drop out would be me though.

All in all, I think all who were there had a good time. I sure did!

No comments: