Monday, February 21, 2005

Root canal

When people tell you that a root canal hurts, it really hurts! This is barely after one month since I removed my wisdom tooth under sedation and that experience went so well that I thought I could face anything.

So last Friday, my other molar started tugging just a slight bit so I make that call to the dentist confidently. I rushed as I will not want to be writhing in pain during my wedding if my appointment is scheduled later this week.

And so it began. The doctor mentioned my tooth was eroding from the inside, caused by some irritated root and has left the shell of my tooth intact. So when he sliced open the crown of my tooth, there was a mass of blood clot inside it and after cleaning it, it still looked kinda red inside.

I've learnt the importance of the assistants who are supposed to suck out your saliva. There was no sync between the dentist and the assistant. Most of the time I was gagging and in the end, had to swallow whatever that was in my mouth then. Yuks!

Anyway, after 2 gruelling hours ("The affected area was worse than what I expected," explained the doc), I go off to settle more planning for the wedding. After gingerly trying to chew some chicken nuggets at BK, the numbness wore off and now it's throbbing with pain. I've just downed 2 painkillers but this is WORSE than having my wisdom tooth extracted. And, to my dismay, it's only part 1 out of 3!

Part 2 is in a month's time. Help!

No comments: