Wednesday, February 16, 2005

Jitters... not

This is a strange feeling. I'm panicking because I'm not panicking.

I'm getting married next Saturday. And life as I know now will take on MANY changes. Shifting, travelling longer to work, paying more tolls, petrol, car maintenance... oh, and staying with someone else. People often ask, "Where's your other half?" when they see me. As though we are made of halves and are only complete as a couple. NO! We are completely whole and when we get married, 2 will try to become 1!

Gee, I don't seem to sound excited about getting married. Well, I'm certainly not dreading it, just that I resist change, as most people do. After almost 8 years of courtship, we've also gone way past the starry eyed, gazing at each other bit. Though I enjoy romance novels, I prefer to be more practical in real life.

Back to not panicking, there's this strange calmness (I currently refer to it as being numb). I'm still working hard at my neopet every night and now creating a blog. My mind tells me this is not normal, hence I'm panicking.

No comments: