Saturday, April 08, 2006

"Diggin' in a Hole"

Last year, I went to see the doctor about the ringing in my ear. She told me it was because I so frequently dug my ear (with a hairpin or the metal ear digger) which was why it's affected my hearing and thus getting this ringing in my ear. But hey, it's not like I dig my ears every day! It was more like once in one or two weeks.

So I immediately cut down on the digging to once a month but the ringing continued. Now I haven't dug my ears in months but there's still the ringing almost every two days and my hearing seems to be diminishing (unless KS and Jan have a problem with their articulation but I doubt it).

I'm scared of going deaf. Maybe Malaysia is too noisy. KS, let's shift to NZ?

2 comments:

Wendy said...

Go dig your ears la! It must be full of wax now...HAHAHA

Basically, there's this thing called ear-candling. Maybe you wanna go try. I'm trying this tomorrow. I am one helluva ear digger too with that metal thingie. Thankfully, Im not deaf yet.

Grace said...

Ish, and you advised me to go dig my kids' ears with that metal pin. I went out and got one but found that ear drops work the best. Drop them in (ask your doctor, usually waxol is a common brand) and it softens your wax and it falls out by itself. That was what happened to me and James.