Saturday, April 15, 2006

How I first accepted Christ...

I was talking to Jan this morning and remembered how I had first accepted Christ into my life. This is also the version which I will doubt I'll be using when I go on my mission trip.

I was about 2 to 3 years old and my family was in Melaka during the school holidays. It was just after dinner when we were watching the news on tv on some country that was being ravaged with war. Pictures of people carrying and wheeling their belongings to an uncertain path ahead flashed across the screen with a grim message etched with each nameless face - war is not something we'd want to experience here in Malaysia.

With the tv sufficiently instilling enough solemness and fear, Grace turned to Karen and I. She was reading the papers and had bookmarked a page with a picture of a skull (I believe it could have been an ad to deter people from smoking) and asked us if we wanted to accept Christ into our lives. "Otherwise, you will die and end up looking like this!" and she dramatically flashed the picture of the skull.

She quickly ushered us into the back room and made us say the sinners prayer, all the time holding the picture of the skull readily in case we changed our minds.

Watch out for more Stories of my Sister when I remember them.

2 comments:

Grace said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Grace said...

Now I just terrorize my two children....the fun continues....