Monday, April 24, 2006

Frenzy

I outdid myself on Saturday. Woke up and made waffles for the first time in my life, recipe courtesy of allrecipes.com. The first batch turned out ok but the second one just didn't rise. Time to look for a new recipe. Waffles, nice... with kaya and butter.
Image hosting by Photobucket

After that, tried my hand at Grace's carrot cake recipe, also for the first time. Despite all the hard work of grating the carrots and smashing the almonds, the cake was relatively easy to put together. However, I think it turned out to be less desirable. It wasn't sweet enough and I hadn't chopped the pineapples finely enough. I made it as we had a gathering on Sunday with my CG, sort of a house warming thing.
Image hosting by Photobucket
Of course everyone was very supportive and some said it was great. Hmm... that may be so for them but I personally didn't quite like it. Maybe I've used the wrong brands for the ingredients and I'll defenitely add more sugar next round, if there is gonna be a next round.

KS was truly fantastic, though. He sat and grated half the carrots until he couldn't take it anymore and volunteered to go wash the toilets instead.

After he left for church, I idly surfed the net and still feeling restless, I went downstairs and made my mum's 3-layered jelly (although I created a mess as half the jelly spilt onto the floor mat). But heck, this is for personal consumption so it doesn't matter what it looks like.

All in a day's work. Now my legs are aching from standing up too long. Eagerly awaiting to see what nips my fancy next weekend. I just need people to eat them.

2 comments:

MlleMonster said...

If you didn't live so far, I would love to be your good neighbour.

Speaking of food, I just found a restaurant serving Punjabi food just behind Masjid Jamek.
Let's do lunch soon!

jo said...

I would love to be YOUR neighbour! you'd cook and i'd bake, we'd get the boys fat in no time.