Friday, April 21, 2006

Looking for a job in KL?

My team in the office is quite a large one, with about 15 people in the Marketing Department. Although when I first joined, one left the day before and I thought, “Hey, that’s pretty normal” and shrugged it off. My boss never made any pretence that people stay and retire there like back in my old company. This is, after all, a Marketing department and people are young and dynamic.

Then last month, another one left. She was leaving to go back to her hometown to get married. That’s fine too.

Since last week though, there was 2 confirmed resignations and 2 more by the end of next week. They have all turned to ask me how I feel and I try to nonchalantly shrug it off. It happens. But it doesn’t. This is an exodus that’s difficult to believe since my previous departments never had so many people and never had the chance of seeing so many people leave in such a short period.

Of course there is a worry, how on earth are we going to cope with more than half the team missing? And looming ahead of us are huge projects no one is willing to take up from where the rest have left off.

Anyone wants to join us? We’ve got at least 8 vacancies. The office is emptying and depressing.

No comments: