Sunday, June 24, 2007

Unusual Stuff

Lately at work, I've been trying to go around looking for tetsubin, or cast iron Japanese teapots Ron asked me to get for him. Walked around Chinatown and developed blisters but all I was rewarded with were blank stares, "Japanese teapots?". I reckoned they would know where to get teapots since their entire shop was filled with Chinese teapots and to me, Chinese/Japanese, they are all the same.

They recommended me to try Isetan. There, this sales boy also gave me a funny look and pointed to the ceramic ones, to which I shook my head and repeated, "Made of iron, NOT ceramic!". To my disgust, he delivered the most typical line any sales person in Malaysia would say (besides "I don't know"):

"Oh, I think we've run out of stock for those".

I shot him a look and enunciated "You mean you actually have the teapots and they're really just sold out?"

"What pots again?"

Idiot.

Anyway, the other unusual thing I'm looking for is a kneeling chair.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
I sat on one many years back and it felt really comfortable to the backbone. I just don't know where they sell them here in Malaysia.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

They sell those chairs here in Australia - for about AUS$200! but Im sure there would be cheaper ones around....

jo said...

are you kidding??!! i didn't know they'd cost that much!

ok, forget it then. unless someone starts making it in china and sells it dirt cheap here, then i'd probably get one.

Anonymous said...

they are probably all made in China now - except greedy businessmen just don't pass the cheap labour to the consumers!