Friday, August 31, 2007

Molested

On Monday, on the way to work, we were caught in a massive jam because roads leading to Dataran Merdeka were closed for Merdeka rehearsals. After being enclosed in a world of my own, I haven’t been reading papers nor listening to the radio on what’s been happening. Either that or the typical Malaysian way was to simply not inform the public of road closures. I reached work at 10am.

Next day, I decided to take public transport – the LRT. Because everyone was avoiding the jams, the trains were packed and when I finally squeezed in, I found myself wedged facing this foreign worker (I think he was Bangladeshi). After a few stations, my instincts told me this guy was trying to touch my groin in a series of natural rocking motions, which were not present during the first stations.

The space was really tight so I couldn’t move off. Instead, at the next station, I switched positions and had my back facing him. Next thing I knew, I could feel a fumbling at the fabric of my pants. I loudly said “Excuse me!” and whacked his hand away. Everyone turned and looked but because I couldn’t turn my head to glare at him, they looked at me instead.

I know I could have done much more, like shout “Pervert! Keep your hands to yourself!” but at that moment, I was simply frozen and boiling mad that I couldn’t kill him on the spot. There’s no one whom I can report to and know that he will go off scott free. Which he did.

It will be a very long time again before I will take the LRT during rush hour mornings. Someone suggested I carry a pin or needle with me the next time. Apparently carrying my Swiss Army Knife might get me into more serious trouble.

1 comment:

Grace Ng said...

That reminds me of the time I was working in KL and I took a bus. It was crowded like anything and a short Malay man was standing behind me. I was on my way to Uncle Sau Weng's and suddenly, I felt someone's dick pressing on my butt. I was not sure at first if it was by accident so I tried to move away as much as I could. Then later, it happened again! I turned around and shouted, "Keep your penis to yourself!" People looked at me, and nobody cared.

Then I got a seat and he tried to rub his dick on my shoulder. I moved towards the window seat and this other lady sat down and he started looking down the front of her shirt. She kept glaring at him but he pretended to look outside and all this while, he muttered, "It's very long and strong." I looked at where he was looking and there were these pile drivers at a construction site. There was obviously a double meaning behind his words. What a creep! There are plenty of them in KL!