Friday, August 31, 2007

No DSLR

As explained before, it took me 2 years of talking, getting opinions etc before I finally got down to buying a new handphone, after the insistence of KS who couldn't take it anymore.

Hence, the decision making for a camera will likewise be as painful but hopefully take a shorter period because I need to get one before my trip.

I won't bore you and will keep the decisioning process to myself. Let's just say I'm now looking at a prosumer (probably the new Canon S5 IS). Why? Because, thanks to a website Grace recommended, clubsnap.org, an SLR requires:
1. Dedication - constant cleaning, keeping it moisture free, carrying a huge bag around. If you know me, I simply can't be bothered by dust.
2. Constant upgrades - tried my friend's D50 and already wasn't happy with the standard lens
3. Price - although it's only a couple of hundred more than a prosumer, a prosumer has more complete features. By the time you want to add on a better lens and a better flash for a DSLR, it would cost more than an entire months pay.

Ok, I promised I wouldn't bore you.

2 comments:

Grace Ng said...

hey u didn't use my login for clubsnap ka?

Wendy said...

Yeah, used my Canon IS3 on my recent trip and realized that it has more features than a DSLR plus the features that a DSLR has, the Prosumer is better - like 12 times optical zoom, total 48 times zoom, all those other features - beach, nightshot, tungsten, sepia, etc etc, can buy batteries anywhere if you run out of it and you can still slip it into a medium sized handbag........

Plus, you can use the video function - yay!