Sunday, October 14, 2007

After Years of Waiting...

I usually take months and loads of consideration before I purchase an expensive item. Take for example my painful purchases of my handphone and digital camera – painful for those around me.

So it was to my very own surprise that I just went ahead and bought something that was rather expensive. A vacuum cleaner which is 4 times more than the normal one found in electrical shops.

And what’s so special about this vacuum cleaner? It’s a Roomba-like one. Yup. The vacuum cleaner created for lazy people like me that moves on it’s own, detecting and cleaning every speck of dust on the floor. And when the battery is low, it will automatically find it’s way back to the base where it will attach and charge itself. It looks like the space aliens from Batteries Not Included.

The price advertised here for the Roomba was initially over RM2,000. That’s like almost a month’s salary! So while walking in 1 Utama today, one of the shops were selling a similar one for RM900 (original price was supposed to be RM1,500, they’re only limiting it to 50 units blah blah blah). So I literally jumped at it! My mum’s jaw dropped at my spontaneous purchase.

Of course, one is Roomba while the one I bought is called… wait a minute, it doesn’t even have a brand! It’s just called Auto Cleaner! Crap! Oh boy. Okay, never mind, I’m going to try this out as soon as I get home. I will write a review of it later.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey I was going to buy one of those too! I saw an ad for it when we were in Laos and Thailand on tv and I thought "what a brilliant idea!" I didnt know they were that expensive!