Sunday, October 07, 2007

The Ronald Syndrome

Hopped into Jaya Supermarket last night and went to scout if they had Butternut Pumpkin and Portobello mushrooms - they DO! So I can plan for my next dinner invite with carbonara, pumpkin soup, baked pumpkin, baked potatoes or a roast...

Happily, I ended up with some bacon for breakfast this morning. When Jan saw my purchases, she just laughed and said I had the Ronald Syndrome - the desire to cook after visiting Ron. It happened to her as well but after a few weeks, it died off.

Ron, you made cooking look so easy. I hope this syndrome will last until January, so at least I'd have prepared some of your meals for Christmas/New Year. By the way, I'll need to get the instructions from you again on everything.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

it is easy! I like hunting out for recipes that don't require much effort but taste good too. I'm pleased Jaya stocks the ingredients - have you found the recipe for the pumpkin soup yet? Remember though, that you do require a hand held blender to make the smoothest soup :)
they are really cheap here so if you'd like one, I can get it and give it when I see you for CNY next year.