Sunday, October 21, 2007

Alternative Medicine

The papers had an article about alternative medication the other day and it just fascinated me on how some of these can be really good for one’s body. For example, I had an ex-colleague who had to eat cockroach/cockroach droppings after she showered within her confinement month and caught “wind”. She claims it absolutely cured her. I pray I will never get that desperate.

Another ex-colleague swallowed live baby rats wrapped in some leaf to cure asthma. Her father had a hard time looking for these rats. She took this monthly for a couple of years.

And yet another ex-colleague bought some medication named “5 stars” and as she was pouring the dried ingredients into her pot for boiling, a dead fly dropped on the table. She threw it away and later considered she had thrown one of the 5 stars from the pack. And this is absolutely believable.

So far in my new company, I haven’t heard anyone taking weird stuff yet.

No comments: