Saturday, January 19, 2008

Kena Lo Lap

Had a really bad Friday evening. I was mugged at my office while waiting for KS to pick me. By an Indian. Lady. Retired teacher. Who came from Kajang. And needed to get to her husband who was lying in HUKM Hospital in the emergency room. And was fleeced by a taxi cab who charged her RM55 for a ride to Pudu instead of the hospital.

I gave her RM10. A taxi from the nearest train station to the hospital wouldn't cost more than that. But oh, wait. She would need to put up a night somewhere there somehow. And all the money she has is what I've given her. She promises to come back on Monday and return me the cash. Her pension is coming in on Monday. She has a deposit account in my bank. She's a Christian, her father a pastor. She's asking out of embarrassment.

Sigh. I gave her another RM50 as I had ran out of smaller notes. I'm never waiting downstairs ever again.

Then we got home to PJ. Went to start my car which was parked at the new house. I haven't started it in 2 weeks. Got there and realised the power had tripped. Uh oh. Think, my Mum, with her habit of cramming her fridge and freezer. When we had to tug the door, I knew we were in trouble. Well, at least there weren't any maggots. Jan, KS and I took a couple of hours to clean it.

The garbage collectors will wonder why we have 2 bins outside the house when there never were any. And to find it full of rotting meat. Hope they won't think it's anything sinister.

And to think there was a case of someone who bought an apartment somewhere in Mont Kiara and smelt something rotting from the fridge that was leftover from the previous owner only to find it was a chopped up rotting human body.

Nope, as much as I love detective/crime solving books and movies, CSI ain't my thing for sure.

No comments: