Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Elections Are Here!

Why is it the season for elections all around the world? I don’t remember this coincidence.

Anyway, I’m looking forward to voting in PJ on 8 March. My voting station is just a 5-minute walk away and I WILL be voting. The last time I had to travel all the way back to Alor Star.


I’ve been asking people around me if they are voting and a surprising number of my friends have not registered to vote. I have one or two who have registered but are not bothered as they think their one vote doesn’t mean anything.

On the other hand, I hear about people who passionately speak about politics and yet are not registered. So, so disappointing.

I’m even considering to volunteer to help out as a counting/polling agent just to have a first hand experience to see if the counting is done fairly or not. Hmm… for the sake of curiousity.

No comments: