Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Ramblings

I notice a lot of people have this misconception. That, the minute one is made to be a manager/leader, they should be filled with wisdom and knowledge that befits their position. The common statement I hear is, “He’s a manager, he should know these things!”

It’s as though the moment they are given the position, wisdom pours down forth from the heavens and equips them with excellent decision-making skills. It’s NOT! They’re humans too and have new things to learn every day.

Perhaps it is the manner the manager/leader carries themselves. They act as if they know everything in the world and therefore when they fumble, everyone gleefully pounces on them.

Why am I bringing this up? Because I usually see those who have this misconception suffer. They suffer more than the other person will as they harbour the unforgiveness.


But if the manager/leader follows Dogbert’s Management theories, then let me in the fray!

No comments: