Saturday, May 17, 2008

A "Good" Number

I just HAD to blog about this. Recently, an aunt came to stay with my parents here in the new PJ house and as a house warming gift, she asked my Mum what she wanted. Mum immediately asked for some dessert plates from Corelle as she is in the midst of collecting a set with the same pattern.

Despite several verbal descriptions of the design ("I'm collecting the design with only purple flowers, no other colour is present"), my poor aunt managed to get it wrong.

But that's not the highlight of this story. Guess how many plates she got? Now, if you have ever bought plates, cutlery or even place mats, you'd go with say, 4, 6, 8 or up to 12. Basically you'd get even numbers right? Bless my aunt, she bought seven.

And when Mum asked her why on earth that number, her reply was, "It's a good Christian number waat..."

No comments: