Friday, July 06, 2007

Cringeworthy

Okay, so now that the keys have been handed over, I'm gonna finally mention about my parents shifting to PJ. Yes, they will be shifting back to PJ, which means once our house is sold in Alor Star, there isn't any reason for me to go back to Alor Star. Which means, no more fried kuey tiow at the Cowboy Market, no more gazing at the yellowing paddy fields I grew up with... :~(

Anyways, my parents have been bringing as many stuff as they can with each trip to PJ. This trip, they brought me my diary, which I kept since 1991. I was in Form 3 at that time. And I admired this girl in school by the name of Eileen Tan. And I actually called her - several times, to chat with her. In fact, from what I've written, I practically stalked the poor girl! *cringe*

And all my crushes were described shamelessly, being absolutely "perasan" being the main theme in my entries. "I'm sure he was looking at me!" *double cringe*

Absolutely private stuff. And I bet my family has gone through it already. One indication was when Mum told me my diary was still at home: "Do you want me to burn it?"

Okaaaaay, so I may not be the saintliest kid around the block. And there's a bookmark on one of the most revealing pages.


But this is so fun! I have gone through only a few pages but there were many times I laughed out loud because of all the foolish things I was thinking and going through. I wonder if, in years to come, that I'll re-read my blog entries and cringe too!

1 comment:

Tsiang said...

totally know what you mean. i was there too. funny stuff now isn't it?