Sunday, July 15, 2007

Roald Dahl's Treasury

Last week, the Youth Pastor (who married KS and I) and his family came for a visit. I discovered that their eldest loves to read. She's always found with a book and they're usually Enid Blyton's. So, I was thinking of lending her some of mine.

I was hunting the house down for a Five Find Outers and Dog which I bought last year for someone but I couldn't find it.
The only suitable book I have with me is the Roald Dahl's Treasury, which I just bought yesterday at a book sale. Was ready to pass it to her today but luckily this morning, I read through the first few stories.

And there was a poem about an owl being deeply in love with a cat. Something along the lines of "Oh lovely Pussy! Oh Pussy my love!" to "I couldn't make love with a beak up above" and " I wouldn't want kittens with feathers".

My hunt for the Five Find Outers and Dog continues.

3 comments:

Grace said...

I have a request that you don't loan any of our old books out to other families. Books have a way of not coming back to you and I would rather our kids have them than other people's kids. Thanks.

jo said...

we see her family every week, if not twice or three times a week. so i really don't think it would be a problem getting it back.

she really loves reading and her family cannot afford to buy her books. i know it would be a gesture she (and her parents) would appreciate.

i love those books too but believe i am responsible enough to know how and who to lend them to.

Grace said...

Please don't do that with our books, if you are worried, go and get them some from the shops because if an old book was destroyed you cannot replace it anymore. BTW if they are your books alone, go ahead but they aren't even yours to loan out in the first place.