Saturday, July 07, 2007

The Northam

In Penang, I stayed at The Northam. Man... the suite was really huge and this is just a normal room but what bowled me over was the huge jacuzzi tub. I managed to squeeze time in to soak in my first bubble bath, just like on TV! And read a book while at it. Bliss.

When I told my bosses how impressed I was with the room, they glanced at each other pitifully. They've apparently stayed there a few times and been to better hotels. So katak bawah tempurung.

It was a good trip. My usually extremely private boss (who wouldn't even tell me what time his flight to Singapore was when I asked) actually shared some embarrassing stories when I whipped up some "icebreakers" to fill in the silence during the drive home.

My Eric's Misadventures actually drew a lukewarm response for once. Must consider timing and audience the next round.

1 comment:

Kelvin said...

I wouldn't say that it is a "katak bawah tempurung" syndrome :D. For one, only a small percentage of the population of the world would have stayed in a suite in a 5-star hotel. I remember the awe I felt when I stayed in my first 5-star hotel too :D