Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Head Vs Heart

I absolutely dislike Head vs Heart decisions. I'd rather have them black OR white and not gray, thank you very much. Being tugged at both ends is extremely stressful.

I experienced this about 4 years ago, when I was offered to take up a different position from a communications exec to a direct marketing exec. My colleagues were fantastic, my job was great - flipping through magazines, spending company money, attending and organising events and yet, there was that curiosity that egged me to take the other job. I ended up crying in front of my old boss, much to my embarrassment.

On one end, I needed the extra pay and position was a plus point. On the other, the comfort zone was urgently beckoning me to stay on. I survived the decision and never really looked back with regret.

For my present situation, I guess I just need to convince myself that I will survive this next phase of my life. Let me just sit by my corner and cry and blame it on my PMS.

No comments: