Sunday, July 22, 2007

New Specs

I'm about to bid goodbye to my black plastic rimmed spectacles. Tomorrow, my new frames, selected by Tony of Bishan, Singapore, will make it's appearance at work.

Tony is this guy who owns a specs shop in Bishan and he has a knack of selecting the right frames according to your face. The fact that he knows his stock and that he is able to make good recommendations made us go to him to buy the frames. Plus, his frames lean more towards the funky.

In Malaysia, most stores will not make any recommendation and would rather leave you to decide on your own. Most of the time, we aren't able to make good decisions for the lack of knowledge of the choices available or what really suits our faces.

So when this guy started pulling out frame after frame which really complemented my face shape, I was more than happy to fork out extra for his service. Wore it to a gathering tonight and got positive feedback already.

So far, Grace, Ron, Jan and myself have gotten our frames from him this year. Now Mum is also interested in going to see him for his recommendation.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Maybe he ought to consider coming up with a "Family Priviledge Card". I'm sure we're not the only family who goes to him.