Friday, July 20, 2007

Encouragement

Today was one of those days where I felt appreciated at work. I went for a meeting which I had been dreading for fear of being questioned by the MD but ended up having my views being listened to and he avoided making much demands.

He insisted on taking us for lunch, made me sit beside him and later called his driver to send me back to the office as my boss had to rush for another meeting. His staff raised eyebrows at the hospitality he extended to me but I'm really thankful and accept it as a gesture of appreciation from him.

And no, he's NOT a dirty old man. I KNOW the type and he is not one.

I guess it's cause I said a quick prayer before leaving the office this morning. Again, reading back my diary, I have been blessed by so many hospitable people in my life and he's one of them.

*******************

Actually, what was quite funny was that on the way home, KS tried to show me how "privileged" he was by getting an SMS from AutoBavaria. That he was actually considered part of their target market, as though his social standing was suddenly elevated by this very SMS. Then I shared my story above which kinda burst his bubble a little.

No comments: