Saturday, December 29, 2007

Eat, Sleep and Grow Fat

I had a great Christmas, spending time with my family in Singapore. Although we went to several shops, I didn't buy anything except a coffee plunger for making (don't cringe, Ron) Chinese/Japanese tea.

It was a Christmas filled with so many presents! Each of us had a Christmas stocking filled with well-thought of gifts from Grace and Matt (I have yet to read the instructions on how to use the cockroach bait).

And the food! Matt and Grace went all out to give us Western meals and made sure the veggies they cooked were what I consumed! Yay! I've never had so much veggies in 4 days! Thank you, from the bottom of my bowels.

We had the traditional turkey, ham and a German pork knuckle for Christmas lunch and I must say this was one of the best turkeys I have eaten in the recent years. It's not too dry nor was it too tough. We ate and ate and ate. Man. Now I have to start thinking of how to get rid of all this festive flab.

Sorry, my photos didn't turn out very well so here's only a couple of shots.

Photobucket
Christmas lunch arrived in a pretty basket

Photobucket
I can almost smell it again...

Photobucket
Matt carving the turkey

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The roast looks yum! Did you have it with baked potatoes etc?
BTW Guy and his mum bought me a gorgeous tetsubin teapot for my xmas pressie so I'm looking forward to making tea in that!