Monday, February 20, 2006

The Weekend that Was

So last weekend I went to Port Dickson for a crash course on Missions. Not actually crash course lah but it’s an introduction to missions. No, not that God suddenly spoke to me in my dream to say that one day I’ll be a missionary in some far flung corner of the earth but I went there because Jan wanted to go. And knowing myself, I won’t go unless there’s someone I know who’s going as well.

It turned out that we had the most missionaries who came along for this course to teach us. All four of them shared their experiences, three in Cambodia and one who was on a ship which travelled the world, Doulos.

It scared the heck out of me though, the way the couple shared how they came to be missionaries because it was so unexpected. One moment, they both went to Cambodia on separate trips just one time each, the next thing, they’re packing and leaving. Of course to me it sounds like it takes a moment when it actually took them about 1.5 years to decide. Question that popped in my mind, what if I were called to go too??
Anyway, I’ll take one step at a time. This year, I’m committing to go Cambodia with KS. I’ve already got a sponsored child there so it might be good to go meet him if I can.

No comments: