Friday, July 08, 2005

Scary

Last night reality hit me so hard on my head I couldn't sleep until I thought hard about it and made decisions to change.

It all started like this. I bought a Punjabi looking top from Melaka for my friend's wedding this weekend and thought I'd try it on to just take a better look at it. To my dismay, I noticed the sewing was all wrong which made the design on the left side of the buttons a good inch below the pattern on the right. It looked horribly obvious but yet I didn't notice it when I bought it. Of course I can't wear it to the wedding now that I know it's flaw and would be most self conscious throughout the wedding. To sidetrack a little, I am also worried that I will not be able to get a replacement since I didn't keep the receipt! *smack forehead*

So I frantically started looking for my other dresses and already had my purple cheongsam in mind as a backup plan. I put it on and to my utmost horror, the thing was stretched tight like a vacuum sealed piece of pork! Every bulge was blatant and I could hardly walk without it riding up my fat bum and having to pull it down every few steps!

Now, my wedding was when? A freakin' FOUR months ago. In a mere 4 months, I have ballooned and I've been in denial even though my work pants have already been screaming at their seams! I declare this is the fattest I have ever been and was trying to wrack my brains out as to how this had happened. Running through my lifestyle ever since I got married, I can't pin point it to anything in particular. Most likely it is a combination of many aspects. KS said it's because my metabolism rate has dipped. Yeah, right after I got married.

So today, I'm wearing my Doc Marts to work in hope that I will walk more instead of those usual dainty sandals which usually confines me to my work desk. Tonight, I'm going for a launch of a scuba diving training centre to see if I finally want to do PADI. At the same time, am thinking of checking out the gym in PJ and enrol KS and myself.

I promise to cut down on my food (will only eat when I'm hungry and will cut down on carbs), walk more, take up some form of exercise even if it means going to 1 Utama and walk all over the floor space there. Then there's a potential swimming session at my friend's apartment and games of table tennis. I've GOT to do something. And NOW.

No comments: