Tuesday, July 05, 2005

Spicy

Last night I met up with my friend (the one who's getting married this weekend) who brought along her entourage of family members and friend. Her friend is from Iran and since this was her first time in Malaysia, I asked her what is her greatest culture shock so far.

"The frequency of eating, you guys eat eat and eat!" What a great way of knowing the culture, I say.

So we brought her to try a slightly more authentic Malaysian food from all the bland wannabes she'd get from the UK. She chose Tom Yam. Since I haven't had it in a long time, I too decided to try it. It was really good and spicy. Her face was flaming by the time she was halfway through!

Then right after the meal, my stomach turned over slightly and there is a lingering pain this morning. Hope she's not suffering.

No comments: