Friday, July 15, 2005

Smart

Mercedes is smart. They are doing their launch here in my office tonight for their new A series and I just went down to take a peek at the new cars. By the way, now I know how they squeeze cars into impossible looking enclosed spaces ie car showrooms, hotel lounges, shopping malls.

Now, there is a RM1mil car sitting in our showroom and of course it's large and grand. Once people look at that and just go gasping at it and the price tag, they are then ushered into looking at the A series which is going for RM160k. Of course, people's reaction so far has been "Ooh, that's cheap!". Now, if you don't have that comparison, RM160k for a car like that is still pricey since it looks like a larger version of the MyVi (yes, I know I'm committing a cardinal sin by comparing a Merc and a Perodua but forgive my laywoman car knowledge) which is going for approximately RM50k. Or even a Suzuki Swift. (Car lovers, you can stop cringing now. I promise to try to come up with a better comparison next time, if there is one.)

Anyways, at the launch, they will also be having Jac, the first Malaysian Idol, to perform. I'd love to be able to stay back and listen to her live but I can't as I need to rush off for an evangelistic conference. Sigh.

No comments: