Wednesday, July 20, 2005

Shellfish

Last night I went out for a girls nite out with 2 other friends at a hotel buffet dinner. And I had oysters for the first time! Yup, I'm nearly 29 years old, lived in NZ for a period of 2.5 years and never eaten oysters before.

So being totally sua ku, I got specific step by step instructions from my friend as to how to dress the raw creature. Squeeze a few drops of lemon and dab a bit of tabasco and then into your mouth it goes! The flavour burst as I started to chew on it, coating my tastebuds with a sweetness that is not present in other kinds of shellfish. Nice. I won't say I'm crazy over it but I will try it again one day.

I then proceeded to have 2 NZ green mussels. Thinking I'd try the Atkins diet with no carbs, I avoided all rice and stuffed myself with all kinds of meat. Driving home was a torture as I kept burping and knew that given any encouragement, my entire meal would regurgitate in my car.

As at now, almost 24 hours later, I'm still slightly burping and having difficulties in eating too much. I believe I've reached my stomah limit. Unfortunately (or not), my stomach doesn't work like a lion's, whereby it can go without food for a week. Now where's that chocolate bar...

No comments: