Thursday, September 21, 2006

No More Steaks

At lunch today, I had a choice of having fried breaded fish with rice or a sirloin steak. Over the last few years, eating beef has left me feeling a bit ill as I start to have small burps every 20 seconds or so. Once this goes on for some time, I will feel nauseous. So far, I know of no cure for this burps.

Anyways, since I haven't had beef in such a long time, I decided to go for it. Unfortunately, it wasn't a good steak although I was eating at a posh and expensive restaurant. Not worth my feeling ill right now. If it had been a medium slab of tender steak, it would have been SO worth it.

My disappointment aside, I sadly come to the conclusion and will attempt to remember that I can not take beef anymore.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

YARS!

jo said...

as you can see, KS is basically saying, "serves you right!"

Anonymous said...

I suppose beef is not really good in Malaysia as it is in Australia! I love my red meat :) I now go for rare or blue steaks (thats when the chef just warms the meat up without cooking, so the flesh is almost raw like sushi - with a fresh cut its great!). How did you order yours? Well done as its "normally" done is really the worst - it kills the meat. You should try medium next time. I've actually been eating lots of lamb recently too.

jo said...

i actually asked for medium but all the steaks arrived very well done! it was horrible! i love my steaks bloody but um... blue steaks will need a little courage. and freshness in malaysia is hard to come by.