Saturday, September 02, 2006

Wood Carving

Jan was reminiscing about the time when she did some carving back in high school. It brought back the memory of my own carving of a traditional Malay wood carving which was meant to look like a part of a wall fixture that is installed just below the roof for ventilation. Aiyah, I don't know how to describe this thing but it has holes right through it, you know? For air to pass through?

Anyways, unlike the previous years, our art works were not returned to us and were burned. Yes, the reason for this is so that they would be able to repeat the same assignment to the students next year and ensure we don't sell them to our juniors.

I kept the design and hoped that one day I would have the desire again to carve it again. However, that was AGES ago and I don't know where the design has gone to.

No comments: