Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Strange Reaction

Yesterday my department held a meeting first thing in the morning. The night before, I thought it would be a good idea to bring some food to eat in the meeting and bought some chiffon cake.

As soon as I entered the meeting room and placed the cakes on the table, one colleague turned to me with wide eyes, "Why did you buy the cakes? Did you know you were going to be late for the meeting and brought it as an apology offering?". I injected my "No" with as much liquid nitrogen as I could muster.

Then my boss asked, "So what's the occasion?"

I think it's high time we changed the culture of our meetings.

1 comment:

coffee81 said...

If you were to bring a chiffon cake for a meeting in RS, you will definitely not getting this Q from your collegue.

You may probably get a much different reaction.

Maybe like...

" Yahoo! Got cake to it! " something like that. Of course, that will only come from me.