Thursday, September 07, 2006

Sick Again!

I am ill again! This time I have caught the flu that has been going around. It started off with a bad sore throat on Monday morning, with blood in my phlegm. Chinese would say it is "heaty" and as I usually experience this, the best way to deal with this is to counter it with "cooling" stuff like barley, coconut, winter melon etc.

Unfortunately, as I was expecting my menses, once you take "cooling" stuff, you'd end up in great pain from stomach cramps. But in the end, not like I had a chance to go search for coconut and cure the "heatiness".

Okay, I know this heaty and cool stuff sounds weird. There are those who believe in it and there are those who think it's a bunch of hog wash. I belong to the former group since I feel better after taking a coconut when my internal body heat acts up.

So looks like it's another day of MC for me tomorrow. We'll see how tonight goes.

No comments: