Tuesday, October 14, 2008

My First Ben & Jerry's

Today I dragged Monster out for dinner and forced her to share with me my first tub of Ben & Jerry's ice cream. Ever since she described the mouthwatering ice cream with its funky names, I've always been curious to know what it tasted like.

Plus, I've always watched people on tv series or movies who'd settle on their couch with an entire tub of ice cream. Ice cream tub = comfort. And me, being an ice cream girl, needed to fulfil this experience and tick it under my "things to do before I regret having never done".

I choose New York Super Fudge Chunk and we settled down on a bench facing the pork section of the supermarket. This tub contains Chocolate Ice Cream with White & Dark Fudge Chunks, Pecans, Walnuts & Fudge Covered Almonds.

While I love the fudge chunks and nuts, the chocolate ice cream was a little overwhelming. After several mouthfuls, it became a little bit jelak so I had to bring back three quarters of the tub. And now, several hours after consuming it, am having a slight sore throat because of it. Uh oh... But this isn't going to deter me. I'll try Chunky Monkey or Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough. Any suggestions from those who have tried Ben & Jerry's?

************

Now that I've polished off the rest of the tub, I take my earlier comments back. It's yummy! But I'd still like to try another flavour next time.

No comments: