Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Train Review

Since it is the first time I travelled via train for long distance, I thought I'd share with you a little about travelling on the KTM.

One of the first things I noticed was the strange arrival times of the train. Our train was the last one and was scheduled to arrive at 11:08pm. Yes, not 11:00pm or 11:15pm. And did it arrive at 11:08pm? Of course not. Both times, the train was late.
Here's a picture of the sleeping berth. It's as narrow as the pillow provided so all your bags will have to somehow fit at your feet unless you'd rather have them lying on the floor blocking the gangway.

I slept on the upper berth and here's the ladder that is shared between two berths. As you can also see, there are curtains to create privacy in your small little space.

Going to and fro, we had the exact same berth numbers. Mine was 37 on the L3 carriage. Not really recommended as it is beside the door leading to the toilet, hence, high traffic. We had all sorts of smells coming from the entrace, people smoking and urea.

All in all, it was quite fun for the first time. Not sure if I'd do it again though.

No comments: