Sunday, May 31, 2009

Renewing Touch 'n Go Card

Twelve years ago, the Touch 'n Go card made its appearance in the Klang Valley. Similar to the Octopus in Hong Kong, the Oyster in the UK, Touch n' Go is used for trains, buses and car parks in the Klang Valley. I got my card about 10 years ago when the Putra LRT started intergrating it into their system, hence the design of the card.

Anyway, just about a month ago, I couldn't upload it at my usual LRT station and was that it had expired. Yes, there is an expiry to this card so bear in mind if you own one.

So I made my way to their office in KL Sentral and as I was queuing for my train, it struck me that this card has been with me constantly for the last 10 years.

The layers were peeling off at the corners, the card itself was slighly dented due to having sat on it while it was stuffed in the back pocket of my jeans, and you can tell its age by the patina. Heck, even the Touch 'n Go phone number at the back was still in seven digits!
Goodbye, dear companion. You are now stuck on some form, waiting to be destroyed. You've been replaced by this shiny brand new card. I can assure you I don't like it as much because I feel like I'm advertising for the eTiQa brand.

And by the way, it sucks that I could get back the refund for you but I had to PAY RM10 for this new card. Why do I have to pay for the card when I'm giving Touch 'n Go income by just using it?

No comments: