Saturday, February 06, 2010

Pineapple Tarts

I blogged about this fantastic pineapple tarts some time back, made by my aunt-in-law in Melaka. This year, their maid who helped out with the most tedious part of the cookie making had gone back to Indonesia.

So they decided not to make any this year. I have had at least 4 friends who called and wailed when I told them there wasn't any this year. Hopefully they will start making it again next year.

Someone said the pineapple tarts from IKEA (yes, they sell cookies in IKEA here) so we bought 6 packs. Unfortunately, they're just not the same, you know? :( so no pineapple tarts this CNY.

3 comments:

Grace Ng said...

I like the ones that Mum bought, I think from Alor Setar? You can ask the aunty who runs the kindergarten, I believe she makes them. They are good too.

Ron said...

you could always learn how to make them and perhaps start selling them:))

Karen said...

OH, I love these too... My aunts & mum here make them once in awhile. This past Christmas holidays, my aunts had made some for my grandma's birthday... Luckily, I found the "secret" stash... Have to ask my mum to teach me...