Thursday, December 29, 2005

Busy Bee

I’ve been super busy. Yes, I know all my bosses are on leave and when the cat’s away… However, I’ve been given enough work to last me for some time. This is actually good news since I’m not left to cry myself through my yawns of boredom.

It’s coming to a month since I’ve switched jobs. I would have thought I’d get use to waking up early (yeah, 7am is considered DARN early for me) but no, I still go to bed after midnight which doesn’t warrant me enough sleep for the night. I’ve been one sleepy person at work the whole month, with bags under my eyes. Unfortunately, I’m not located at some obscure corner where I’d most probably catch forty winks after lunch but smack in the middle of the office with the common printer, fax machine and photocopying machine all beside me. There is always someone watching me. Crumbs.

I had a few good days meeting up with KS and Monster for lunch. It was a great relief to be able to talk in English. Since I don’t talk when I get back to my table, that’s the only time I get to share all the words suppressed in me. Poor KS has had a chatterbox each time he comes to pick me up coz my quota hasn’t been filled.

Tonight am meeting up with Ken who’s back from NZ. The first time we met with some other uni mates and this friend of mine who works in the same group but different company as me, nearly fell off his chair when I told him I’ve moved jobs to the same mother company as him. Guess I’ve been known to be the “loyal” one so now that leaves about 3 more uni mates who are still holding on to their first jobs.

Sorry, got nothing much to share. I’ve been WORKING. Yes, alas my time has been filled with non-stop work for the last 2 days and I haven’t had much of a life. But I did notice one thing yesterday on the way home, that the river running beside the Masjid Jamek LRT station was pretty high. The chocolate teh tarik colour mass surged angrily down the river. The power of it was rather scary but I secretly long to see the day when it floods my work area. Hai, me and my fascination with water/floods/tsunamis. But hey, I wasn’t the only one keeping my eyes glued to the river yesterday… so I’m not particularly weird.

No comments: