Tuesday, December 20, 2005

So Near!

I’m getting to like my work location more and more. Not only am I close to Central Market (not that like I like to shop there), I am also close to Petaling Street. I’m getting old, have I mentioned this already?

Today we had a quick lunch at this place called Lai Foong that serves local hawker food. I’ve ALWAYS noticed this shop since young whenever we pass by Pudu area and this is my first time eating there. However, to my dismay, the guys selling Beef Noodles refused to serve me because I speak English. Even though my boss hastened to translate when he asked me to confirm what I ordered, he just walked away! B@$T@RD! I’m NEVER going to eat at his stall again. Then the drinks lady rejected a 10 sen coin that was a bit black. Hey, these people are abominably rude. Unfortunately, my colleagues seem to like the place and are undaunted by the rudeness. Sigh, I’ll just order from another stall next time.

After lunch, we stopped over at this nearby shopping mall opposite Petaling Street. One of the shops had all this funny knick knacks, things you’d consider junk but the longer I stayed, the more things I wanted to buy. I managed to control myself and ended up buying a cheap teapot with a filter to be used for Chinese tea (no, not like my cute small pot with it’s dainty cups) and a heel scrub for my Mum. I nearly wanted to get a cheap pot for boiling my tea towels but can you imagine when I go home later, I can imagine the stares of me carrying pots in the packed LRT.

Then we walked into Petaling Street. Man, I need to go there by myself and take a good look at all the things there SLOWLY. Too many things, too little time.

I can’t believe I just took less than 10 minutes to write all these and the quarter page of my proposal took me the entire morning until now. Sigh… If only I could write my proposal paper this quickly. Business papers aren’t fun.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So jealous! How I long for hawker food! No such novelty here....